Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's a new day.

Today, I've decided that it's time for a change. It's been a long time coming, but I'm pretty sure the days of xanga are long gone-by, and the era of blogging has begun. And so to inaugurate this here journal, I thought I'd make a little list of other changes going on these days.

1. The weather. Okay, so it's going back up to the low-'90's, but I have sincere hope that Fall is just around the corner. And with every hour that passes we are closer to quite possible the best season in the world. Like Nichole says, "Even when the trees have just surrendered to the Harvest time, forfeiting their leaves in late September and sending us inside -- Still I notice you when change begins, and I am braced for colder winds. I will offer thanks for what has been and what's to come. You are autumn."

2. My perspective on pursuing God. I've never really been that spiritual in my previous blogs, and I doubt that I will be here either. But in all sincerity, the past few years have led up to the present season - filled with grace, but remember that relationships take work. I haven't wanted to study the Word out of obligation or duty -- and by doing so, I've given up on really even trying. Just recently, though, I've come to realize that there is a difference between works for the sake of earning Christ's love - and works for the sake of chasing after the God who saved me by grace.
I've prayed for a way to live this out and see a picture of it in real life. And a few weeks ago, sweet Andrea initiated a Bible Study with Angela discussing Identity. What better way to get back to basics and revisit my perspective on Christ than to study my role as a Christian with other Christian women?
We'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to it.

3. My health. This has been a lifelong battle, and I think it always will be, but somewhere along the line, I've just GOT to get a handle on this healthy living thing. I'm just not very good at it. Maybe someday I will be.

There are others in the works, but I'll keep them for myself. Most of them have to do with letting go and moving on. Putting to death the weight of the past, and walking in stride toward newness. Is this too personal for a first-time blog? Too deep? Oh well.

I'm excited about this new place. I'll keep you posted on the changes that occur. Posted. No pun intended. I promise.

"You bring restoration."

4 comments:

Emily said...

Change...so hard, and yet so sweet on the other side. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jillian.

abby said...

Well, who knew? I thought Xanga was a blog!! For your list... Here's some other things that are changing... the size of my hips, thighs and butt! It is one of the things I am going to ask about when I get to heaven! "Lord, what is the purpose of the BIG BUTT phenomenon that occurs during pregnancy?"

Andrea Bowman said...

yay you have a blog!

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy you have a BLOG!!! :) Now I can finally comment!