This is what the boys look like after just a few hours of sanding. From left to right: David, James, Cody, Jordan (the brother-in-law)
This, my friends, is what my living room walls currently look like. After many hours of sanding and re-sanding, we've filled in all the nooks and crannies with buckets of joint compound. Again, check out the awesome scaffold -- the husband's idea.
This is what my husband looks like when I say, "Hey babe, go stand over there and stretch out your arms so people can see the difference between the old opening and the new one!"
This is what I look like when I'm sanding the ceiling. In my head, I'm singing, "I hate. this. part. right. here.... I hate. this. part. right. heeeeeerrrreeee!!!
This is what I look like after a day's worth of sanding. If someone had told me how I look a lot more creepy than cute, I might have chosen a different task for the day. Eeeek!
So we didn't wind up tackling the texture. I had hoped we'd get that done this weekend, but it'll all get done eventually. Our new goal is to texture this Saturday. Here's hoping!!! So far nothing catastrophic has happened, and we've really been humbled and blessed by the situation. We have far too many people helping us out than we deserve - and it's such an encouragement to have friends who are willing to get messy and yucky -- just so we can have a cute house someday....
Speaking of dear friends, some you know the Sandlins, some of you don't. But they're very near and dear to us Smiths, and we found out recently that Dustin's (head honcho's) job is taking him in a new direction. He'll be living up North during the week and flying down home every weekend. If you pray, I hope that you would pray for the Sandlins. They're friendship and family-ship (not a real word) is so valuable to us... Look how cute they are:
Speaking of dear friends, some you know the Sandlins, some of you don't. But they're very near and dear to us Smiths, and we found out recently that Dustin's (head honcho's) job is taking him in a new direction. He'll be living up North during the week and flying down home every weekend. If you pray, I hope that you would pray for the Sandlins. They're friendship and family-ship (not a real word) is so valuable to us... Look how cute they are:
4 comments:
I'm impressed......... really, really impressed. Can't wait to see the next step.
If I'd just read any blogs in the last MONTH, I wouldn't have emailed you such a dumb question earlier! :)
Good luck!!
hey girl, it's christen, mandys sis and I found your blog on hers and now I am sooo tracking you!! Your house looks great, way to go!! hard work does pay off. Anyways, glad you are both doing well!!
by the way,
your voice is like butter. :) seriously. that was a compliment by the way. :)
molly
I'm ready for home ownership part 3!
Post a Comment