Sunday, August 16, 2009

The good, the bad, and the sweaty.

A few entries ago, I wrote about how I'm learning more and more that my adult life consists of simultaneously happy and unhappy events. This weekend was no exception to that lovely life lesson.

Here's a recap: (Again, with no pictures - yikes!)

Yesterday, David and I painted our kitchen ceiling and walls: Good.
This morning, I was terribly, terribly sore because of said painting. (I have zero upper body strength...): Bad.
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon home decor shopping with Andrea. Good.
Crate and Barrel Outlet wasn't all that I wanted it to be, and we didn't wind up buying anything: Bad. (Or good, if your my budget-watching husband. :) )
Last night, David and I went to the movies for the first time in forever. (I think the last flick we saw was 'Juno.' Seriously.) We saw '500 Days of Summer.' In my personal opinion: Good, really good.
We tried to go eat at a random little restaurant around the corner, but they were closed by the time the movie was out: Bad. But really not that big of a deal.
This morning I got to sleep in my cozy comfy bed while David went to play at church: Good.
After I got up and decided to wash the sheets, I unwittingly included my ONE-MONTH-OLD PHONE in the laundry....!!! :( Bad. Very, very bad.
We took the dogs down to the lake to play in the water -- SO cute... :) Good.
Jetta found a few dead fish on the shore and SWALLOWED them whole!! Ugh - bad. And just plain gross.
The afternoon afforded a cat-nap and a shower. Mmmmmm... Good.
When I got out of the shower, I noticed a large puddle of water in our master bedroom... coming from the CEILING!! Our air conditioner leaked and dripped through our freshly textured, primed, and painted ceilings.... Ugh - so VERY very bad. SO very bad....

Needless to say, the evening has been a little sweaty (eww!) while David's been fixing the A/C, but he seems to have solved any problems we were having. Here's hoping. So here I sit on our big, comfy couch (hey, wasn't that a kids' show back in the day....?) blogging and watching 'Dear Genevieve' on hulu while David has the dogs out on the bike. And remembering, especially in light of the sermon this weekend, that life isn't always easy - and thank God that it isn't.

"it may not be the way I would've chosen when you lead me through a world that's not my home. but you never said it would be easy. you only said i'd never go alone."

No comments: