I'm covered in decorator white, semi-gloss paint. Baseboards and closet shelves. Call me a perfectionist, but I can't stand to paint all the trim all over our house pretty new white and then leave our closet shelves dingy dirty white. Besides, I figure I have to look at my closet just about every day, so why not make it pretty too? We're doing a deep espresso in the master bath area, so I'm probably gonna carry that into the closets. And pretty brown walls need pretty white shelves. :)
David's working in the kitchen. We're not completely replacing all of our cabinets, but we're changing the layout a little and giving them a facelift. We're taking out the old oven (the one that doesn't fit my cookie sheets....) and putting in an oven/range. We're cutting out some shelves in some wasted space and putting in cabinets in on the peninsula -- which I think might turn out to be a pretty blue -- eeek! Quite the project, but we're trucking along quite nicely.
We got another dog. His name is Fleck. He's a German Shorthaired Pointer just like Jetta, but we think he's full-bred. He's bigger and brown instead of black. He has a big brown spot on his butt -- Fleck means 'spot' in German -- so there ya go. I like it. :) And I like him. Although, Jetta is a bit jealous of our attention towards him. But she was a little crazy to begin with. A little inferiority complex shouldn't make things too much worse. I hope. :)
And I played Macgyver this morning when I woke up. I went to open the door - and I was locked inside my bedroom. Well, not technically. The doorknob had broken on the inside - where I was conveniently located. Normally, I would freak out at a time like this, but I pulled it together, assessed the situation, and gathered potentially usable tools. Tweezers, nail clippers, and a paperclip were about all I could find. I tried jiggling the knob, unscrewing the knob, tweezing the latch. No luck. After about 20 minutes of fruitless attempts, I called David. "Have you tried using a credit card?" Duh.... One swipe, and I was free. Hey, I was just proud of myself for not hyperventilating or going all claustrophobic. I was a little late for work, but my usually intimidating director just made a little fun of me and didn't scold me for being tardy. Ah, c'est la vie....
"The future is no place to place your better days...."
No comments:
Post a Comment