I don't have any new pictures of the house to share - just a few thoughts.
This morning I was in a car accident involving two other vehicles. Thankfully no one and no car was majorly injured - nothing a hot bath and State Auto won't fix. And I gotta say my reaction to the whole mess was pretty surprising. I'm very much a sensitive soul who's easily shaken by even minor incidents, but this morning I was able to make it through all of the information-gathering and police-reporting junk without any real tears. This is abnormal to me, so I genuinely attribute my behavior to the work of the Spirit. The sobbing and bawling my eyes out that followed once I got in my car and drove away - we'll blame that on adrenaline. Or I'm just a hugely emotional person who struggles with tear-duct control.
Either way, I couldn't stop thinking about how the Lord has grown me up a little in circumstances like these. I felt a little bit more like an adult today -- that is, until I realized that my insurance card was not only expired - it was also in SPANISH - but that's beside the point. In all seriousness, I couldn't help but thank Him for showing me, even in a bummer of a situation, that he's not through with me yet, and that he's still sanctifying me little by little - and sometimes lot by lot.
But that's not all that happened today... So many things happened today.
Today I kept noticing the updates about the miners in Chile - and my heart literally rejoices when I think about those men being lifted out of the pit. And later today I heard an interview about the wars in Africa - and my heart breaks for the story upon story upon story of separation and death and disease. And my friend saw her baby in the womb for the first time today. And another friend desperately pleaded for the salvation of her husband today. And I read a blog about refinishing an old trunk with some gray paint today. And we had a potluck at work today. And so many billions of things happened all over the world today - and that was just today....
For so many reasons tonight, my heart is full - because the Lord is a good God - great and greatly to be praised. Once again I'm recognizing that this is the human condition - that life is a mixture of heartbreak and rejoicing in the same breath. Anxiety and comfort with one glance. That seasons collide with one gust of wind. That the sun, in two places is "rising" and "setting" at the same time. And despite all of the darkness, I can't help but praise him for the light. For his sovereignty and his wisdom, working all things together for our good and his glory.
"Oh for grace to trust Him more...."
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment