When we got our sweet Jetta, we knew she hadn't been spayed, and we knew we needed to do that right away. Today, over two years later, I've just brought her home from the clinic, and she is just miserable. I'm certain that watching your own child in pain is far greater than this, but I've cried at least three times just looking at her. She'll sleep a few minutes here and there, then wake up and whimper until she falls back asleep. And she's all woozy from the medication, so she can't walk straight, and she bumps into things.... It's so sad --- stick out your lower lip in sympathy sad. All the while, Fleck can't seem to understand what's wrong - and why his little friend won't come out to play. I wound up bringing him inside and putting Jetta on the bed so he can't really bother her - which means I'm also burning a highly-scented candle. (Fleck has frequent flatulence... and it's baaaaaaaaaaad.)
In other news, I bought a cute little shirt dress from TJ Maxx yesterday for $10! I realize leggings have been in fashion for a while now, and I'm just now catching up with the trend, but since I bought a pair, I'm loving little dresses and leggings. I'm never brave enough to wear short dresses. (My Dad passed down his man-calves to me. Seriously, their large, manly beasts.) But for some reason, wearing a pair of black, opaque, footless tights makes the whole thing seem a lot less scary. Add a scarf and a cardigan, and I'm good to go. I know my clothing choices are vital to your educational expansion today, so I wouldn't want to deprive you of this completely useful and interesting information. (Read: I'm sitting with my dog in bed, which never ever ever happens, but it's the only way she'll stay asleep - which means I'm pretty bored, and I'm trying to pass the time without going completely brainless.)
Happy Tuesday, friends!
"A sacred refuge is your name..."
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment